A nude figure’s imposing physique is visually matched by the vertical shape of the machinery. Conduit that used to be on the ceiling now lies on the floor. In this images of Maria with machines, a plethora of menacing shapes surrounds her, yet she seems oblivious to the hazardous environment. The stretch of her muscles and her firm grip on the machinery betray the tightness of her pose that is otherwise hidden by the easy freedom of her cascading hair and serene expression.
Standing with Machines 2/25
Edition of 25 ~ 10×7 inches
- From a limited edition of 25 archival photographs
- Signed and numbered by artist Aaron Knight
- Image: 10×7 inches/25×18 cm
- Paper: 12×9 inches/30×23 cm
- Shipped unframed in a sturdy, double-walled tube